PALMITOYLETHANOLAMIDE or PEA is an effective, natural painkilling and anti-inflammatory substance that has an excellent safety profile.
Our PEA is ultra micronised for increased bioavailability.
WHAT IS PALMITOYLETHANOLAMIDE?
PEA is a protective molecule produced by the human body and found in every healthy cell in the body. It is also found in animals, plants and is found in food such as meat, eggs, soybeans, and peanuts.
PEA was identified by Nobel Prize winner Levi-Montalcini, who described its value in treating chronic infections and pain. Since her discovery, hundreds of scientific studies have been carried out which have proven its efficacy as a natural painkiller.
WHAT DOES PEA DO IN OUR BODY?
PEA is a fatty acid molecule vital to a variety of cellular functions involving chronic pain and inflammation. Studies have shown it to possess neuroprotective, anti-inflammatory, anti-convulsant, and painkilling properties.
Many people with chronic disorders do not produce enough PEA, so supplementing the body's shortfall may be beneficial. Research has shown that PEA levels in the body are reduced after periods of illness, pain, and inflammation. It has been demonstrated in clinical trials that chronic and neuropathic pain and inflammation can be lessened by PEA. (Source) This includes Peripheral neuropathies such as-
- diabetic neuropathy
- sciatic pain
- chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- dental pain
- osteoarthritis and arthrosis
- low-back pain
- failed back surgery syndrome
- chronic pelvic pain
- neuropathic pain in stroke and multiple sclerosis
- chronic regional pain syndrome
- vaginal pain
- postherpetic neuralgia
- many others
WHO CAN BENEFIT BY SUPPLEMENTING WITH PEA?
- Anyone with a painful or chronic health disorder can benefit from taking PEA. Even those who are currently taking medication for complaints can benefit, as PEA has been shown to enhance the effect of medication. (Source)
- People who react to or find no benefit with anti-neuropathic or anticonvulsant drugs for nerve pain may benefit from PEA, this has been shown in large studies for sciatica and carpal tunnel syndrome. (Source)
PEA + B VITAMINS FOR NERVE PAIN & INFLAMMATION -Studies have shown that PEA helps support the fatty myelin sheaths that protect our nerves. It has also been shown that a deficiency of B vitamins can not only cause nerve pain but also increases it. This can lead to disturbances in the functioning of the nerves and consequently to neuropathy and nerve pain, which in turn cause symptoms such as, a wobbly gait, tingling and stinging of the hands and feet, a feeling as if one is walking on barbed wire or cotton wool or even hand and foot numbness. Taking B Group vitamins together with PEA, not only provides optimal nerve function support and nerve pain relief but also prevents the pain from worsening. Studies have shown that a deficiency in B vitamins can lessen the effect of painkillers in people with chronic nerve pain (Source). This may be reversed by supplementation with PEA and B vitamins.
ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
There are no known problematic side-effects. PEA can be taken together with any other medication and can enhance the pain-relieving effect of classic analgesics and anti-inflammatories. Palmitoylethanolamide can be used in combination with other substances without any side effects.
HOW DO I TAKE PEA SUPPLEMENT?
Best results are achieved if taken by mouth for 2-3 months at 1 x 400mg capsule 3 times daily.
Supplements like PEA may interact with medication and may not be suitable for people with certain health conditions. Talk with your doctor before incorporating them into your diet.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA or TGA. This product is for personal use only, to help support general well-being, and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Novoceuticals is not liable for any information on this site regarding the recommendation of supplements for any health purposes.
We believe that you are what you eat, and we're dedicated to providing the best quality nutraceutical products available at affordable prices.
- We sell only premium quality products, sourced from the best available manufacturers of that product in the world
- Our products are sourced from GMP and ISO certified manufacturers only
- We stand by our products, and use them ourselves everyday
Parcel Post - 2+ Business day delivery
Express Post - Next business day delivery for destinations within the Express Post Network. Allow 3-6 business days to WA and NT & 2-3 weeks for international orders
International Standard - estimated 6+ business daysInternational Express - estimated 2-4 business days
If you have changed your mind and wish to return an unopened product here's what you do.
- Email us at email@example.com advising us of the product you wish to return.
- Post the item back to us within 30 days of ordering it (you will need to cover the shipping costs).
- We’ll process your refund when we receive the item and email you to let you know.